Our first day at sea  

Posted by scott

Hello to you, my wide wet world. I, Captain Rolph B. Harlow have taken command of the The Salty Maiden, a ketch of fair sight strong keel. Under the lettership of his Royal Governer of Caribitown and his Lordship of the Lesser West Indian Cargo Company, we have been officially charter'd as a tramp freighter ~ to pickup and deliver cargoes and passengers whereever they may be located in these Caribean Islands and to be hired out to any those that would pay for our services, being of course that they are entirely of reputable intent.

I must confess, I am slightly awary at taking my first command. Havin' been previously employed as a facilitator of customs in the port of Caribitown, I lack all necessary experience in sea-farin', and I think it strange that the Company should choose me.

I have great confidence that the ranking mate, Mr. Stuart, will be of great help to me. He has serves in His Majesties Royal Navy and has forgotten more about the sailin' arts than I shall ever noe.

The rest of the crew seems like a fine group. Their are lads from Scotland, New Foundland, and those like me that were born here in the islands of the tropics. We even got one really big feller, name is Bert. Sure is a sight to see him climin' about below decks, duckin' and dogin' the rafters.

We sail now for St Stevens Isl. Our first commission has been arranged by the Company. We're to be haulin some crates and the like, plus a few passengers to Bulao Island. Its four days sail from our pressent location to our final destination and I don't anticipate any troubles.

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 at Saturday, November 05, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment